Easy Excel Task - PDF Copy Paste
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $10
- Entries Received: 7
- Winner: yrs012
I need to automate the following process:
1. Go to a website link given which contains a PDF file.
2. Find a specific section of a specific mutual fund.
3. Copy the entire section and paste it as Unicode in one column of a workbook.
4. Save the pages where the section started and where the section ended.
I am including an example:
1. The links to the PDFs are in the first tab. Each PDF have the same structure:
1.a The first page states the names of the mutual funds contained in the document.
1.b In the input file of the excel file you will find the specific mutual fund name wanted for each PDF link.
1.3 Each mutual fund has a section called "Schedule of Investments" or "COnsolidated Schedule of Investments" where you will find the data wanted.
2. Find the Consolidated Schedule of Investments section or the Schedule of Investments section (it will have different names depending the PDF file) of the specific mutual fund, copy paste the entire section into one column of a workbook as Unicode Text. Save the starting page and the ending page of the section where the data was copied.
3. Repeat the procedure for the other 2 examples. I left the page of the last example blank on purpose just to see if the program that you built is able to find the information without providing the page numbers.
I am attaching a file with an example, where you will find the input data needed to locate the information that should be copied in the first tab and in the second tab you will find the data from the PDF peasted in the workbook as Unicode Text.