Extract Website and Json File Data to Create Simple Json File and Python Script to Automate Extraction of Similar Json Files
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $50
- Entries Received: 9
- Winner: ZaneDavid
I am in need of a freelancer who can help me extract JSON data from a website and create a simple JSON file. Additionally, I require a Python script to automate the extraction of similar JSON files.
Website Data Extraction:
- The project involves extracting JSON data from a website.
Purpose of Data Extraction:
- The purpose of this data extraction is to transfer the extracted data.
Preferred Python Library:
- There is no preferred Python library for the extraction.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in web scraping and data extraction.
- Strong knowledge of JSON and Python scripting.
- Familiarity with web scraping libraries such as Beautiful Soup and Scrapy.
- Ability to create a simple JSON file.
- Experience in automating data extraction tasks using Python scripting.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, please bid on this project.
Follow the following steps:
1. Go to http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgIDQ2Jf4sgsM
2. Look in the left column and you will see the replay of the entire game steps by steps.
3. look in the uploaded Json and you will see the full data but it is not very readable
4. Extract the json data and map it to a new json file that will be very simple to read with at least all of the columns in the sample excel to be represented. The new json must have the map id, the map name, the player name, the player turn and the full sequence just like on the replay web page. The json should allow to see the origin coordinate and the destination coordinate for the units and when it is an attack the position of the unit attacked. Also include the unit id. All the data is in the json submitted but it is difficult to read.
5. create a python script that will create the simplified json file to use for future extractions of similar files
6. validate your script by testing with files available at http://osn.codepenguin.com/data/replays/2023/11/30/
7. your python script will generate a simple json file with the data much easier to read and only related to game play and should look more like what you see in the steps on the replay screen
1. Simplified repay file in json format
2. Python script that takes uploaded json as input and outputs the simplified json file
1. great quality of simplified json format with the most important information for each turn
2. great quality of python script