Luxury branded WordPress theme
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $510
- Entries Received: 6
- Winner: donatandelic
We are a luxury Australian cosmetic and medical brand. We are opening a chain of medical and cosmetic clinics in India, and need our new Indian website to reflect the personality of Architects of Skin. We have a Wordpress site in development, and need to fast track the look and feel of the site.
One of the attached files is a (draft) invitation that is being sent to potential stakeholders and contains the branding we need to replicate. Note that it has both dark and light pages.
But this is no ordinary Wordpress site. We want to use specific technologies to future-proof the site. And the end site is to not to get a "looks like a Wordpress site" response - no sidebars and other giveaways.
* CSS Grid is used for all layouts. There is no Bootstrap, Foundation or other grid system to make the site responsive. Flexbox can be used also where required e.g. navigation
* There are no slider plugins, and no Elementor or simliar page builders
* The site uses Woocommerce - all store layouts need to use CSS Grid
* CSS variables are used throughout via root elements and var(--variable) styles. We expect to be able to make a single change in a root element and the site updates accordingly.
* HTML5 elements - main, article, etc
* Background uses SVG and gradients for infinite scaling and performance.
* Plugins are to be kept to a minimum: Bookly booking system, Woocommerce Point of Sale, Contact Form 7, Cloudflare, and very little else.
* Current development site is a light theme throughout. It would be ideal if individual pages can choose a Dark template or a Light Template.
* Most of the site content (products and services) will be stored as Product types using Product Categories and Tags to maintain the structure. Hence CSS Grid layouts should accommodate the various layouts available in WooCommerce.
* This website will form the basis of a future Vuejs frontend
* Keep the customiser options to a minimum - all colour-related options will be changed in the css not stored in the database.
* The MySQL backend will be used in many other back-of-house systems
For contestants, we expect to be able to visit the entry using Firefox Developer Edition and see the words "grid" in the inspection panel - as per screenshot attachment. We don't want surprises when awarding the winner.
We are able to provide existing site content as a Duplicator package for those that request it.
We will endeavour to answer all questions publically here.
“Super responsive and a pleasure to work with. He understood the difficulties of our project, and couldn't wait to sink his teeth in. The end result was exactly what we wanted.”