Online escape room game website design
- Status: Pending
- Prize: $500
- Entries Received: 9
Looking to professionalise my existing proof of concept screens and get help with the best screenflow.
- The attached screens are for reference only and can be completely changed, it was just my first attempt.
- Please suggest a good screenflow based on the information provided and screens attached
This is for an online escape room game website, very simple, where 2-6 players all login with the same game code, start a game and then have to work together and solve an escape room within the time limit.
Once the game started, each player has the option to submit answers and ask hints. Once done, all players will see the result of the player's action. So it's all in real-time.
Theme should be a game style website which is easy to navigate in for people who have never done it before and escape room experts.
The following screens are part of scope, but can definitely be changed entirely:
1. Login: allows players to log in
2. Main Menu: navigate to different sections of the website
3. Our Games: list of all the games we offer with more information and links to the website
4. How It Works: show instructions on how to play the game
5. Leaderboard: shows top 10 results
6. Team Name: allows the team to enter a teamname
7. Getting Started: a screen before the game starts with some more info and that allows the team to indicate they are ready and start the game, which will start the countdown clock
8. Main Game: 12 screens that are all very similar and the team moves to the next screen if the answer is correct. On each game screen they can:
- View text/images/audio/etc.
- View remaining time
- View # incorrect answers given
- View # hints used
- View penalty for using hint
- Request hints (each time the hint button is pressed, some hint text appears)
- Input field to provide answer (can be input, dropdown, checkbox, radio button)
9. Game result: shows the team's result and allows
Especially the Main Menu and Main Game screens require a bit of work to make this an awesome experience for players. It's important to get the screenflow right from Main Menu to starting the game, this is currently not yet how I want it to be.
If possible and required, you would be able to deliver this in HTML/CSS code use just Bootstrap for example, to save me time from having to code all of it myself, if you're selected as the winner.