Redesign User Interface iPad Mobile Application for Construction
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $400
- Entries Received: 4
- Winner: saiyaneia
We have an existing mobile application that we originally developed on Windows Mobile 5, and was rewritten for Windows Mobile 7, and then redeveloped again for the iPhone and iPad in 2013.
It has various inconsistent UI experiences, features and designs that could be improved.
We are going to recode/redevelop the front end using Apple Swift (the application is only available on the iPad, no intention of support for Android - we're a small company, our clients are happy using iPad).
We are after a designer to redesign the UI, and to help us select a good designer, we are going to run a competition to help create a design, and choose the best one.
This is design only, PNG, Photoshop, HTML, Hires Wireframe (prefer coloured) is acceptable. No working UI is required.
Our preferred option is [login to view URL]
Stick to existing controls that are widely available - eg [login to view URL]
Do not make up new controls that need to be developed from scratch - we are looking to build and reuse as much common user controls and experience as possible.
We have made a video of the job list and job detail screen (tabbed) which we would like to see the focus of the content/redesign mockups.
We would then work with the contest winner to negotiate a job for more screen designs as we redevelop the application.
As with all contests, we retain the winning designs.
Here is a video walk through of these screens with an explanation
Use this link - [login to view URL]
[login to view URL]:v:/s/ClickHome/EboSRT41BP9BoVL4oh1bijwBu0cGlNuINXLFtlQUcSRBow?e=orMTM6
I will answer all contest questions to help improve understanding.
Minimum contest entry
* Home Screen
* Job List Screen
* Job Detail showing navigation to other areas of detail
Very Important Points
* Our users are involved in Construction - this is an application that is used on construction sites. Most users have moderate IT skills but we need to make sure it is easy to use for all users with IT experience.
* Our users are often middle aged - and some have big hands and fat fingers from work in the construction industry so do not make it full of small difficult to touch or read elements.
* Form follows function - we're not after pointless graphics or useless elements - visible elements need to be clear and obvious and have a purpose.
* Please review existing design via video - we want to make sure the new user interface covers as much as we already do.
* Do not make it wild and wacky - it needs to be easy to develop, easy to use and easy to understand.
As we get close to a winner, we may request 1 more screen to help understand design features.
“Great designs - very happy with the new look - thanks”