Write my paper
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $13
- Entries Received: 3
- Winner: gitiya1
A Narrative of Art History: Write your own history of the arts of Japan and/ or Korea. Here, the arts are broadly defined, so you may focus on crafts or popular art outside of our textbook. Cover at least 200 years, or up to as much of a spread of time as you choose. Focus on 6-8 art objects (any media) as examples—from our lectures, readings, or text—or even outside of what we covered in class. Describe your objects (do visual analysis or “vizan”), setting them into your particular historical narrative. (700-800 words)
Good histories have a narrative thread. Decide on yours. For example, you might choose any of the below:
• Intercultural exchange (for instance, between Japan / Korea; China/ Japan; Japan/ Western powers, etc.)
• The growing autonomy of the artist-creator in ancient or classical Japan. Or the shift in the role of artist-creator during any other period(s).
• The rise (and fluctuation) of a uniquely Japanese visual culture (against China; against the West)
• Rise of J-Pop in the 20th century and its influence on the world
• History of Japanese craft and its influence outside of Japan
• OR Some other historical thread
Note that it will probably be convenient to rely on the Japanese periods as we have discussed them in class. Note also that it is fine to expand historically on what you have discussed in your paper. Include images of your objects and briefly cite your sources at the end of your paper. (Any bibliography style is fine.)
“Gitiya was very efficient and professional. He followed directions very well. Overall he produced great work and I would definitely recommend working with him!”
tiffhugh, United States.