What is Freelancer?
Freelancer is an online outsourcing platform that puts employers and businesses in contact with a global network of freelancers. Any member can post a project, whether a short- or long-term job, and choose from skilled freelancers who offer bid proposals with rate quotes and time estimates for completing the work. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Employers can have their pick of thousands of freelancers who have the exact skills needed to get the job done, without undertaking the expense and commitment of hiring full-time employees in person.
Freelancers can tap into a readily available source of constant part-time and full-time work opportunities from employers who are specifically seeking them out.
Learn more here.
Payments and Billing
What fees does Freelancer charge?
Please see our detailed list of Fees & Charges
How do I sign up?
- Fill out a short registration form. You will be asked to create a unique username for identification in our system. You will need to provide a valid email address and confirm that you have read our Terms and Conditions. You don't have to give any personal information to start your Freelancer membership.
- Confirm your email address. When you submit the registration form, we will send a verification email to the email address you provided upon signing up. Follow the link provided on the email to activate your Freelancer account.
- Create your profile. Take a few minutes to provide some information about yourself and/or your business. This is an opportunity to let the Freelancer community know who you are as a person and what you're looking for professionally, so fill out your profile completely, and make sure it is free of typos, spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors.
Users with incomplete profiles will not be allowed to bid on projects. Here are a few tips to complete your profile and get noticed:
- Be sure to upload a photo to your profile. It's much easier to recognize and relate to a face than a username. You might want to consider using your full name or company name as your display name.
- The Brief Introduction or Professional Headline is a good place to make a solid first impression. It might be your company slogan or a list of the top skills you can offer to an employer. TheProfessional Headline should make other users want to know more about you.
- Use the Summary section to give more detail about yourself. This is your chance to really make your profile stand out from the crowd.Talk about your company mission or your work history. Highlight your skills and let people in the Freelancer.com community know why you're the best freelancer for the job.
The information you provide will be stored in your profile to give other members an overview of your skills and/or needs. Freelancer.com does not share your personal or contact information with anyone.
I am an Employer, how will Freelancer work for me?
You can gain a competitive advantage over your competition by tapping into a skilled global workforce on demand.
If you are a small business and can't afford to hire a full-time staff, don't fret! The power of Freelancer is available for small to medium businesses! Whether it's a website that needs building, business cards or stationery that needs designing, a product that needs to be designed or manufactured, or research that needs to be done, this is the place for you!
Thousands of skilled workers are ready to start working right now! All you need to do is post a project!
I am a Freelancer, how will Freelancer work for me?
With Freelancer, you can work at home and tap into a global network of businesses and projects across a huge range of industries - the ultimate opportunity in job flexibility!
Work on what you want, when you want and where you want to! The lifestyle of a freelancer is taking off. By working as a Freelancer online, you can greatly increase your client base and job throughput.
To start, all you need to do is sign up and start bidding. It's FREE!
click here to search the FAQ...
Is Freelancer going to provide work for me?
Freelancer does not offer any work, but we give you a system to find work.
Read the articles below on how you can use Freelancer to look for work: