Here are some problems freelancers may encounter while using the Desktop App:
- When installing, it says the installer is corrupted
Re-download the app using a different browser using private or incognito mode.
The file size of the installer should be no less than 50MB.
- Cannot install Desktop App in 64-bit Linux
Use the 64-bit installer for Linux.
- Displays error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Check the file size of the installer. Be sure it is 56.3MB for Windows, 68.2MB for Linux 32-bit, 66.4MB for Linux 64-bit, and 71.2MB for Mac. If not, download the installer again using a different browser.
- App is not displaying after running
Look for the running process of freelancer-desktop-app and kill the process then run again.
Check the antivirus and firewall if they are blocking the app from running.
Due to hardware and software compatibility, sometimes you need to wait for a longer time.
Check if there is an ongoing hourly project (the account should be that of a freelancer).
Note that fixed-price projects are no longer shown in the app.
- Messages are not delivered or received
Check network connectivity. Restart the App.
Check if the chat/messaging on the site is working.
- Screenshot that produced black screen in Linux
If the Desktop App is in a virtual machine, turn off 3D Acceleration. Note that this in turn will produce a white border in Desktop App for Linux Mint. (Desktop App functionalities will not be affected.)
If you are using a physical machine, update the graphics driver.
Use up-to-date Linux OS.
- Screenshot not displaying in Project Page/Uploading of Screenshot Failed
Get your logs file and data folder, then contact Support by clicking the Chat Now! button here.
Verify that it is not related to the issue ‘Screenshot not displaying in Project Page’
Check your project page and confirm that there are no deleted screenshots. If there are no deleted screenshots, contact Support here.
Deleted screenshots reduce the time that can be invoiced. If there are deleted screenshots, check if they are equal to the number of lost hours. If not, contact Support here.
- Hours displayed in the app doesn’t match hours shown in PVP
The value of tracked hours shown in the app may be different from what is shown on the project page due to several factors:
- If there is a screenshot deleted, the hours that can be invoiced will be deducted as well.
- If the app was tracking offline, screenshots will not get uploaded in the server. However, it will be uploaded once the app is online.
- Uploading screenshots to the server depends on the connection speed of the freelancer.
- You need to refresh the PVP page in order for the list of sessions to update.
- Login fail after reinstalling the app.
Verify if your account is not suspended nor limited. If your account has no issues and your login works, contact Support here.