Finding Bootstrap Developers on Freelancer
Twitter is one of the largest social media networking platforms on the planet with over 300 million active users. As it happens, Twitter has other strings to it’s bow. In 2011 the organization transformed from solely a microblogging platform, to becoming a key contributor to the design and creation of websites and apps, through the release of its Bootstrap product.
Developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton, Bootstrap (formerly known as Twitter Blueprint) was developed as a solution to the high maintenance burden at Twitter. The tool aimed to create consistency across internal tools. After implementation within Twitter successfully streamlined numerous development functions, the company chose to release Bootstrap as a free and open source software for web developers.
The preliminary release occurred in August 2011. A follow-up version was developed and deployed in January the following year, while Bootstrap 3, featuring a mobile first approach, was available from August 2013. The current version of the technology is Bootstrap 4, obtainable in Alpha from August 2015.
Compatible with all major internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari, Bootstrap adheres to responsive web design; templates and pages adapt seamlessly to changing screen sizes and devices. Bootstrap is available on Github, a web-based GIT repository service, and developers are encouraged to contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the development platform.
For those with a working knowledge of HTML and CSS, there are various reasons to choose Bootstrap. Some key benefits include:
- Time saving - Bootstrap removes the necessity to write complex code for specific functions. Locate existing code within Bootstrap, customize, and insert into your current project.
- Customizable - Tailor templates and interface elements. Keep what you need, discard what you don’t.
- Consistency - When working with multiple developers ensuring consistency can be demanding. Bootstrap provides a central set of code and greater uniformity.
- Platform agnostic - Switch seamlessly from laptop to Mac, tablet to iPad. Bootstrap adapts to platform changes quickly and effectively.
- Documentation - Avoid the need for trial and error. Head over to Bootstrap Docs to review comprehensive documentation.
- Reduction in staff training - A modular approach and strong foundational structure minimizes the time needed to bring staff up to speed. Bootstrap users produce high quality, outcome-oriented design work in less time.
Finding a top class Twitter Bootstrap developer is best done through Freelancer.com. Employ a skilled developer on an hourly, part-time, full-time or project specific basis. Freelancer.com is home to professional ‘Bootstrapers’ with a robust working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
The beauty of hiring a freelancer through Freelancer.com is the quality of workmanship is guaranteed. Release a payment only once you are 100% satisfied with completion of work to the highest standards. Simply post a project (with a detailed description) to get started. It's as easy as that!