Convert a Java program to the Xojo development environment - repost
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $3684 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500-$3000 USD
Alchimie, LLC is looking for a talented freelance programmer that can assist our lead programmer in the encoding/redesign/update of an existing Java based GUI program to the Xojo Programming environment.
The program will be used for Mac, PC, and eventually IOS and Android deployment . We will give preference to programmers that have an extensive knowledge of Java and the Xojo programming environments.
You will be working around the US Eastern Standard (EST) time zone, and must be available during those working hours. Programmer availability within this time zone has been a problem with previous contracts, so if you are not available to reply and work per those business hours, please don’t submit a quote.
See the attached screenshot for the current design. Signing of NDA is required.
The existing program (Alchimie) is used to update and backup a DJ music mixing program database and its supporting configuration files among other features.
Alchimie allows a DJ to sync their existing media files such as (.mp3, .mp4, .wav) to leading industry DJ Programs.
The DJ program will then read these updates and modify the available and playable songs/playlists.
Alchimie has the following functions:
1. SYNC with Auto Update: Features Drag and Drop directly from file structure to the GUI. Drag one main folder or multiple folders to the GUI and sync them ALL to the DJ application. If songs are added or removed in the file structure, it will be updated in the GUI automatically to sync back to the DJ program.
2. Export to CSV : Export Song data from MP3 files meta tag to a CSV file showing info such as artist, album, song length, song name, etc.
3. Add/Delete or Rename music directories within the GUI: Drag and drop or right click to perform actions on directories within the GUI that will sync with the DJ application.
4. Copy To Device: Copies selected directory structure to an external USB hard drive/Flash drive with the accompanying database files.
5. BACKUP DATABASE: Provides an Auto-Backup of the text based database structure and all config files to a zip file. This can be done manually or automatically with an option in the GUI settings.
6. FIND LOST FILES: GUI program feature that shows the difference of what’s in the text database vs. what is in the actual file structure. Shows what file was changed from the file structure since the last GUI sync to the database.
7. Set Columns: Allows the user to reorder the column headings and write that structure to the text based config file.
8. Import Database: reads from the existing DJ program’s text based config file and displays the structure in the file management program.
9. Display a files metadata information.
This is a very basic description of what is needed. However, if you're available immediately to start on the project you will be provided with complete details. Please contact me with your availability and rate ASAP.
The programmer will need to:
1. Assess the existing Java GUI program and code, create the interface and coding for the final product in the Xojo environment. You can download the complete Xojo development environment for free at: [url removed, login to view]
2. Install the free DJ software to test the newly created interface AND DOCUMENT the newly created GUI code as it progresses.
3. Ensure the PC/Mac versions work the same and package the final product to install on those platforms.
4. Be available for meetings via phone, Skype or similar meeting software. (we are very flexible on the communication method). However, the turnaround on updates and replies to email is of critical importance.
5. Have access to both a PC and Mac to test the program on both platforms.
6. Report any updates or changes to code to Alchimie Lead Programmer.
7. Test the program to verify it works to specs.
8. Sign NDA before receiving full information of the project and project files.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online