Modifying a news indicator (mq4) for MT4 terminal
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $212 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We have a news indicator that needs to be altered to our specific needs. Here are the modifications needed:
1) The indicator currently displays only 4 lines of text data. We need to add one more line to make it 5 lines.
2) The indicator currently displays only one of the simultaneously released news i.e. if there are 3 news being released simultaneously on the calendar, the indicator only displays the top one. It needs to display all relevant news per economic calendar. If there are 4 simultaneously released news then the text should display all 4.
3) Add an option to “hide or show all text”. Either to display the text or remove all text. At present, you cannot see the text because the indicator is not functioning as Forex Factory is having trouble with their .xml file.
4) Significantly reduce the loading time for this indicator to load when Meta Trader terminal is opened. At the moment, it takes a while to load the terminal because of this indicator.
5) Fix the error that causes an endless loop when the website it derives its .xml from is down or there is no internet connection. A few weeks ago, Forex Factory, which this indi derives its .xml from, was down and our terminal was completely locked down as the indi constantly tried to get the economic calendar. We cannot afford for such thing to happen again.
If there is a stable and reliable global source where all forex calendars come from, then please change the source of this indi to that website instead of Forex Factory. We really need stability and reliability. However, if there is no global source for economic calendar, then we need to add an option to pick where the “.xml source” from? E.g. TSD/DailyFX/FXStreet/[url removed, login to view] Factory/ etc.
6) We need to have a historical display of news release. This will be in form of simple color dots. Nothing else or it will use too much CPU power. The dots are placed above the candle when the news is released. If there are more than one news simultaneously released, simply stack the dots above each other. See picture for illustration. The "dot size" must be customizable to suit different chart zoom level. The color is modifiable per original indi. We already have an indicator that displays historical news data but it is in form of vertical lines instead of dots. We're attaching the indicator. You may want to copy the code to make your work easier.
7) In a similar fashion we need to display dots of upcoming news release. The dots have to be put on the top right hand corner of the chart and moves along with time .i.e. moves closer to the current candle until release time, which then the dots lie on top of the candle once the news is released and becomes part of historical display per point (6).
8) Need to add “Number of days” option to display how far back the indicator will display historical data. i.e. a value of 100 means displaying historical data as dots for the past 100 days.
The indicator must work on all time frames. Please make sure you only modify per our request and not changing anything else on the original indi.
Deliverable: 1 x modified mq4 file with 4 additional inputs (new inputs are highlighted above with quotes " ")
Feel free to send us PMs for any questions or any possible challenges with this modification.
Thank you so much for your help. We're looking forward to be working with you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online