Automation Software Code Cleanup & Tracker
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $685 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250-$750 USD
Hi, Thanks for stopping by!
This project is only for passionate programmer/s who are the best at what they do, and who are motivated to create quality code! If this sounds like you, look no further. :)
For your convenience, this project is broken up into 3 small sections
------------The Perfect Candidate:------------
- Fluent in C/C++
- Must comply with secure programming standards / Security oriented
- Must have really good knowledge of PE structure
- Must have knowledge working with fail safe systems and/or automation systems.
- Must have knowledge of how to identify and fix existing bugs intelligently within complex software.
- Must know how to use MFC
- Must have knowledge of creating robust network applications
- Must have good knowledge in the windows API.
- Must have good knowledge in I/O for windows OS.
- Must have the ability to create a script-able format.
- Has a good understanding of how to store using linked lists or/and trees.
- Someone who takes pride in their work!
- Has great English.
- Must have good memory management.
- Ability to think outside the box and have some insight into predicting why something is happening to fix any existing bugs
- Can work without distractions.
- Can make quality / efficient / readable code.
- Communicative through Skype IM chat
- Attentive to detail
- Has their own computer and high speed Internet connection.
---------------Some Brief Project Details---------------
C. Optimize / Bug Test / Code Cleanup
Cleanup / fix all bugs and optimize all code within an automation software so that it will run as intended in a highly stable, sustainable, continuous manner.
A. Fail Safe Task Manager:
Create an application that will watch running processes on a windows OS and kill those that have executed for longer than a set pre-defined period, such as 1 minute, an input of processes will be added over time. It must have the ability to watch for multiple processes using their PID to see how long they have been running, and if the time out period has been reached, kill said process and do a set of pre-defined actions.
B. Ping Tracker:
The server receives files from a client, and before processing this file, you will implement tagging to these exe files using a small piece of PE code (must make sure it works with a variety of files) this code will ping a pre-defined server once executed, and then remove itself once it has sent and recieved its handshake data, so that it only runs once.. The pre-defined server that is receiving the pings, will include a very simple readable log correlating to existing license data.
------------Some key points regarding the project------------
Stability and Speed
All code and code structure should be secure and easily maintained
Source code must be properly documented
This means all necessary security measures should be acknowledged and considered during development to keep data and communication secure for backend and frontend.
Examples of security measures include encryption, validation, authentication, authorization, configuration management
Maintain strong security while also maintaining strong integrity
------------Applying For This Project:------------
- This is a part time ongoing opportunity which can become a full time job based on performance.
- We only want to work with experienced experts who are completely fluent in English and are passionate about working with a start-up.
- Please provide elaborate details about past experiences that are relevant to this opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to read over this project. I look forward to seeing your creations!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online