"Hello World" in multiple programming languages
This project was awarded to eried for $110 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
Are you comfortably familiar with several programming languages?
Then this easy project is for you, and QUITE AN EASY ONE! as it just relies on your experience - this is one of those rare projects where there aren't any real challenges, just making use of your existing knowledge :)
In particular, I'm after coders with good experience of languages such as [url removed, login to view], C, C#, C++, Pascal/Delphi, Java, Python and all the popular ones, but the more languages the better. "Jack of all trades" I guess applies here :)
The program is something of a "Hello World" program, but in its code it exhibits ALL the features/aspects of the language, with the aim of simply demonstrating (to me personally) in source-code form the STRUCTURE of each language itself, in its most BASIC/SKELETAL form, but also demonstrating ALL the main features that the language provides. The program itself serves no other purpose.
For example (these examples are in VB6-style code), it should demonstrate, where applicable depending on the language, the following:
- Declaring and using variables (Global as well as Private/Local), mainly strings (and null-terminated strings if supported by the language), bytes, and 32bit integers.
- All the LOOPS that the language supports ("For/Next", "Do/Loop", "While/Wend" etc etc)
- An example of a loop within a loop
- Subroutines and Functions, eg:
Msgbox "Hello World!"
FUNCTION ExampleFunc() AS STRING
ExampleFunc = "Hello World!"
- Public vs Private subs/funcs and variables
- Classes, Objects
- API declarations ... for example:
Private Declare Function GetTickCount Lib "kernel32" () As Long
Please use GetTickCount or MessageBoxA for this due to simplicity, its all that's needed to demonstrate an API call
- Including/using other files, for example header files (ie. C), class/module files (ie. VB6), etc
- The creation of a plain dialog/window, that has no controls, just a title of 'Hello World'
Again, not all of the above applies to each language, and likewise on the other hand there are also aspects to other languages that I haven't listed above that would be great additions, so if you think of any main structural language aspect that a language provides but I haven't listed above please msg me about it :)
I look forward to working with you! :)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online