SharePoint 2010 Timer Job to automate WSP deployment
This project was successfully completed by amadany86 for $297 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
Create a SharePoint 2010 timer job that will deploy automatically at certain times WSP solutions stored in a custom SharePoint library hosted in Central Admin.
The custom SharePoint library (to be called Deployment Queue) will be create manually and will have following properties:
- Name (or FileName): this Is the name of the WSP file
- Target Web Applications: choice field, will contain one or more Web Applications that are part of the farm and candidates for deployment target. Note that it can be more than one.
- Target Site Collection: text, if the solution is a site scoped solution, this is the site collection where will be deployed.
- Deployment Time: date time field that will specify the approximate time of deployment. Assuming the timer will run every 5 minutes, it will verify every time Deployment Time, to check if something needs to be deployed. Then deploy.
- Retract Before Upgrade: Yes/No this has meaning only if the solution is already deployed in the farm
- Deployment Finish Time: date time field that will hold the time when the timer finished actual deployment.
- Deployment Status: multi value: Pending/Postponed/Deployed/Failed If the Item is in Pending, the timer will try to deploy. If deployment was successful the will write status to Deployed, otherwise Failed
- Error Message: multiline. This will store the error message if Status=Failed.
How this will work:
- This will act as a more powerful version of the existing Solution Management list is Central Admin.
- Users will be able to upload their WSP, set target parameters and wait to be deployed.
- The timer will detect if is an upgrade or first time deployment and continue according to other parameters.
- If succeeded it will set Status=Deployed, otherwise set Status to Failed and record the error in Error Message.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online