273130 Modding a Drupal recipe module
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
My website has many recipes and I am currently working with the basic recipe module. I need to modify it in order to let content managers post recipes according to a specific format (which I will provide) and tag and archive each recipe appropriately in order for end users to be able to perform advanced searches in our recipe database. The most important thing is that we are able to post the recipes in our desired format.
Here are the following modifications that I need to be made :
1. When entering a recipe (when the setting is set to "complex"), we need an additional column next to the ingredient one where we can add a comment to the ingredient. Right now you could put "2 pounds mushrooms" but we need another column beside the "ingredient name" so we can add words such as "chopped".
3. We want to be able to break down the list of ingredients into X number of sections and be able to specify how many sections. For example, if we had a recipe that feature eggs and ham, we would specify 2 sections in a drop down menu, and this would automatically create 2 ingredient sections, (meaning that the module would add another set of ingredients below the first one and they would be separated by a space). This leads on to the next requirement.
4. We would need to be able to specify a header for each ingredient section. For example at the top of each ingredients section we would have a space to add "For the Egg" and a place to add "For the Ham".
5. We also need to be able to specify the X amount of actual ingredients in an ingredient section. For example, if the egg section has 3 ingredients (eggs, salt, and pepper) only three spaces would be available in the ingredients list.
6. We need to be able to tag our content so that it becomes searchable in our "advanced search" tab. Basically there needs to be checkboxes for several different categories, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner for example. When a contributor enters the Egg and Ham recipe, they would check the Breakfast box and now when a site visitor would use the advanced search on our homepage and check the box for breakfast, this recipe would come up in the results. We would need to be able to add our own boxes as we want and create our own categories (you would have to show us how to do this). If you go to the Epicurious website and click on their advanced search, you will see what I mean.
For your information, this is a beginning project has potential to become part of a bigger one that we would need your help with! We are a very large website with a lot of readers. Hope to hear from you soon.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online