Google Chrome addon to send pages to IE
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $693 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Seamless browsing experience between Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Many companies have intranet sites that require Internet Explorer 6 or 7 to function properly. These companies want to use Chrome for browsing the web but can’t migrate because of the compatibility problems with their intranet sites. This project is to develop a Google Chrome plugin that will allow a configurable a list of intranet sites that will be opened in IE when the end-user clicks on a intranet site in Chrome.
We have a text file containing URLs that is called the IE list. When a user who is using Chrome, opens a site that is on the IE List, that site must open in a new Window in IE. This must be a seamless experience that is much like opening a site in a new Chrome window. Sites should only be open from Chrome to IE when the user clicks on a link, a bookmark, or types a matching URL in the address bar.
In Chrome, all user-accessed links are checked against the IE list and potentially redirected to IE. Other content included by the web page including images, ads and cross site frame linkages will continue to launch in the same Chrome browser window unless it is on the IE list.
1. [url removed, login to view] is not in the IE list but [url removed, login to view] is on the IE list. If a user visits [url removed, login to view] in Chrome and the site has a frame that opens to [url removed, login to view], on loading, the entire page except content from [url removed, login to view] will load in Chrome. The content from [url removed, login to view] is incompatible with Chrome and should not be rendered there. This is similar to Ad blocking behavior where content from [url removed, login to view] is blocked from loading in Chrome.
2. [url removed, login to view] is not in the IE list but [url removed, login to view] is on the IE list. If a link on site [url removed, login to view] leads to [url removed, login to view] site, on clicking, the new [url removed, login to view] site will open in Internet Explorer because it was a user action.
* When to open in IE:
- Hyperlinks on user click
- Bookmarks on user click
- Typed URLs on user enter
* Must be developed in C++
* Support last released Google Chrome on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
* Reads white list from a text file. List is parsed so that the intranet URLs are specified using boost::regex or similar regular expression.
* On link click, check whether target is in IE list - launch URL in Internet Explorer If not in IE list - l render in Chrome.
* In general, we prioritize IE over Chrome for site compatibility. in the following scenarios:
- If the IE list is missing, send all URLs to Internet Explorer.
- If IE list is corrupt or unreadable, pop an error message in Chrome and send all URLs to Internet Explorer.
- If IE list is empty, send all URLs in IE.
* The addon must support multi-byte pathnames for reading the IE list file.
* Chrome addon needs to be installable without user intervention. The user should not have to click to enable the addon.
* Support for Unicode URLs
Sample IE list file is attached.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online