Molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo for a Lennard-Jones system (in C++)
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $214 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Molecular dynamics for a Lennard-Jones system (in C++)
1. Write a function which reads in the input variables of a molecular dynamics simulation of a
Lennard-Jones system. The input variables are the temperature, density, number of particles, a
flag to determine the type of lattice, e.g. simple cubic, face-centered cubic, body-centered cubic
(later also the number of time steps).
2. Write a function which sets upthe initial positions of a molecular dynamics simulation.
3. Write a function which sets up the initial velocities of a molecular dynamics simulation.
4. Write a molecular dynamics algorithm based on the Verlet algorithm.
Calculate the average kinetic energy, potential energy and their standard deviations. Also produce
plots of the kinetic, potential, and total energiesi and check if energy is conserved.
Monte Carlo for a Lennard-Jones system (in C++)
Based on the setup for the molecular dynamics program, write a Monte Carlo code for a
Calculate the acceptance ratio. Calculate the average potential energy and compare it to the result of
a molecular dynamics run with the same parameters (density, number of atoms, temperature).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online