Academic Project - Compare Open Source frameworks for Cloud computing
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $875 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
The goal of this project is to use existing, Open Source Cloud software, and to assess its use in a core computer science context. Such use focusses on heterogeneous, distributed, compute-intensive applications that need to access specific capabilities on different nodes of a system. Therefore, being flexible and scalable are important requirements. Good support for web services is a promising design for such systems. Interoperability between systems becomes important when developing large frameworks.
In this project you are required to compare following frameworks:
 Open Nebula: [url removed, login to view]
 Eucalyptus: [url removed, login to view]
 Ubuntu One: [url removed, login to view]
 Own Cloud: [url removed, login to view]
The milestones in this project will be
. Literature review on frameworks for Cloud computing and main design principles
. Survey of existing Open Source frameworks, and a comparison of strengths
. Defining core services to be delivered
. Installation and use of a selection of frameworks on the local network
. Providing core services and typical functionality
. Assessment of these frameworks
What is required?
= Research Report Proposal 30-40 pages
= Master Project Report 100-120 pages
= Poster of the Project (A3 One Page)
For the Research Report Proposal:
DEADLINE: 4pm , 2nd April 2013
The RR consists of a Literature review, a project plan, and a discussion of professional, legal, and ethical considerations for your research project. You should construct this report in close consultation with your project supervisor. More details are below:
This is a 15 to 20 page chapter in which you:
- introduce the topic and explain its significance;
- discuss relevant literature for each of the main ideas in the topic;
- summaries the literature to make a critical assessment of the topic;
- make recommendations for further activity.
Your report should also:
- be based on at least 10 references;
- have at least 50% published sources, e.g. books, journals, conference/workshop proceedings, magazines;
- avoid unattributed Internet sources, especially Wikipedia.
Your report must:
- be all your own work. While you are likely to discuss your work with other people, you must explicitly acknowledge anyone that helps you;
- have full citations and references that will enable a reader to find the sources;
- use proper quoting conventions to identify where you have used other people's writing.
You will be penalized if you do not follow these requirements.
1. A signed statement of non-plagiarism (obligatory):
2. An abstract (about 200 words)
3. Objectives of your project, as agreed with your supervisor.
4. A literature review chapter, as agreed with your supervisor (see above).
5. Methodology - a description of the research methods you will use in your project
6. Requirements analysis (aims, objectives, requirements) - at least 3 pages
7. Optional: some modelling/formal work to improve your understanding of the issues
8. A discussion of the professional, legal, and ethical issues for your project
9. Project Plan (project task analysis and Gantt chart)
The report should be divided into several chapters or sections, for example:
- Literature Review
- Requirements Analysis
- Professional, legal, ethical, and social issues
- Project Plan
- A conclusion and discussion of the issues for your MSc project.
Also remember: Tables of contents, figures, References, Bibliography. Your name, your supervisor.
Probable length for the whole RR is 30-40 pages
- Quality is far more important than length!
- Do not cut and paste from any source without attribution: if you do, this is plagiarism, and you will fail.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online