Learning course webpages rewrites
This project received 32 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £992 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£750-£1500 GBP
The Tavistock and Portman NHS FT (the Trust) is looking to commission a web specific copywriter.
The Trust is a major regional provider of clinical services and a leading provider of multidisciplinary postgraduate training in mental health and social care.
The copywriting task will, initially, focus on a select number of our training pages.
We are in the process of developing a new website and to coincide with this work we require some specialist web specific copywriting. The work will focus, primarily, on our training pages.
There will be two phases to the work:
1. review and make recommendations on the content guide and where necessary make changes to it
2. review and re-write existing content on our training pages
1. Content Guide: Writing for the Web
We have recently developed a content guide which makes recommendations for:
• page structure
• tone of voice
• stylist differentiations and allowances for specific content types and audiences
• accepted terminology
The content guide will be used internally, largely by the communications team who took some part in its development. It will also be used by staff across the Trust including academics, managers and administrators who have significant content generating responsibilities. In addition, the guide will be used when developing new or revised content for the site.
The principal objective for the Trust’s Content Guide: writing for the web is to equip Trust staff with the tools to be able to write copy effectively for the web. To achieve this the guide should:
- Be simple, easy to read and accessible for all Trust staff.
- Explain how writing for the web differs to other written word and why good web copy matters.
- Be founded on best practice in writing for the web for tone of voice, page structure and content.
- Be applicable to all content types and audiences, with specific allowances where necessary.
2. Review and re-write existing content on our training pages
There will be approximately 80 pages for review. 39 pages are degree level course pages which includes the full description of each course and all its components such as the course teaser, course outline, assessment, entry requirements, etc and 41 pages for our short courses, conferences and CPD which have a similar structure but with much less detail.
Templates for these pages will be provided with existing content which will need to be revised to bring new content in line with our content guide. We also want to ensure consistency of content across the pages. SEO optimization knowledge and tools should be applied to all writing, and guidance on how to optimize our copy with this in mind issued and implemented.
- course descriptions to be punchy, enticing, interesting and inspiring
- all content to be accurate, up to date
- all content to read with a consistent tone of voice, in accordance with recommendations from the content guide
- Potential students at postgraduate level, usually working professionals across NHS, mental health, social care, criminal justice and education sectors, across the age range (22 upwards)
- Current students
Course specific, marketing style content, specifically about our postgraduate training courses.
Online, web copy.
Tone of voice / writing style
To be informed by the content guide.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online