Data Entry and Database Creation
This project was successfully completed by mail2vimalarora for $188 AUD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$40-$250 AUD
Completed In7 days
I currently download approx. 5 excel files a day containing ~ 80 rows of data and a few hundred columns. I then paste these files into a master file containing the last 3 months worth of data.
I also have a second spreadsheet containing different information, a few columns of which I add to the first spreadsheet by doing lookup formulas on the name and date field.
As you can imagine, this file is now very large, making the many formulas I use for analysis very slow to update.
The project I am looking to get done involves:
1) Download the approx 5 csv files per day required for the first mentioned spreadsheet for the previous 3 years, by visiting a website that stores this information on a 1 web page per day basis. The best method I have found is a simple Google Chrome add in that downloads all csv's on a given page, once opened, but I am sure there is a faster solution;
2) Combine into one excel file. i have VBA code that can do this automatically available to you if needed;
3) Add columns and combine with the second spreadsheet mentioned above. I will provide the second spreadsheet so no downloading is required. I will make the formulas used to combine the files available to you, and I will check through the results once this step is done as I anticipate some errors due to incorrect data in the source sheet.
4) Insert 10-20 new columns filled with formulas I will provide and let excel calculate.
5) Take this final spreadsheet (or maybe a few spreadsheets due to number of row constraints in excel) and turn it into a queryable database, such as an access database, as I have this software.
I am not sure if this is possible, but any Freelancer that can suggest a solution for task 5 that is queriable using excel formulas, or involves a solution that keeps the database in excel but removes much of the slow formula calculation time that exists for files of this size, will be looked at favourably. The reason for this is that I am fluent in excel but have no access database experience.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online