Design a simple and affordable magnetic stirrer
This project was awarded to rotek for $150 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
As you must know, magnetic stirrers can be very expensive, yet they are simple devices.
Therefore my goal is to create a magnetic stirrer that is cheap to buy in kit and simple to assemble yourself.
My requirements for the device are:
• it must be capable of stirring at least 2 litters of water
• it must be capable of heating water to at least 110°C
• it must be as thin as possible for stability
• the stirring an heating elements must be able to operate independently, they must be controllable by the user and lights must indicate their activity
• the control buttons must be far enough from the heating element for user’s safety
• there should be 2 models, one capable of heating, the other not
• the non heating model should be easy modifiable to add the heating components
• all parts must already exist and be widely available in international online stores
• assembly must be very easy; cutting (except wires), SMD, software etc should be avoided
• it must be adapted to the French electrical current
• cost of non heating model should be around $50, cost of heating model should be around $75
• parts should be of good quality (not super cheap made in China)
• the heating element should not damage the stirring element
Your job will not be to design the device from A to Z, but as a mechanical engineer, it will be to:
• provide different solutions to the problem and explain each’s advantage and disadvantage
• tell which parts should be used (give examples from online stores), explain why they should, why others shouldn’t (especially concerning the heating elements) - this includes heat insulation
• tell the required specifications of parts
• if you are also electrical engineer: draw the schematic, design the circuit of both models and select the parts from online stores
N.B. By applying for this job you agree not to disclose any document or information exchanged and to cede to me all rights over the created materials. Applications that ask too high price, ask for upfront or do not answer how the job would be done, will be rejected.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online