Arduino self leveling platform - repost
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $216 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
The project you are bidding on is a single axis self-levelling platform. When operating, the stage of the platform is kept level around a single axis when the base rotates beneath it.
Input for the platform’s position is from a three axis accelerometer and gyroscope. The drive motor is to be a gear head DC servo motor with encoder.
The video below illustrates the basic concept.
[url removed, login to view]
The device will comprise of the following main parts:
1. Arduino Nano (32bit)
2. MPU-6050 three axis accelerometer and gyroscope
3. Planetary gearhead DC motor with encoder. Most likely this: [url removed, login to view]
4. Rechargeable [url removed, login to view] LiPo battery.
I am currently sourcing the DC Gear motor. As parts are not fully defined yet, please quote for assembly a programming time only! Component costs and shipping will be treated as separate items.
The device requires the following features:
- Fast response to inputs essential.
- 60 min battery life essential. 90+minutes desired.
- Consideration should be given to acceleration and deceleration to limit jerky movement.
- Incorporate filtering to cancel out interference from vibrations, and intermittent centrifugal forces.
- Absolute positioning is not required, instead the device will have a method of being reset to a 'home' position as described below.
- 360 degree operation essential. The video below illustrates the issue with 360 degree rotation when an accelerometer and gyroscope are combined. The successful bidder will be expected to resolve this problem.
[url removed, login to view]
The device is to have two physical switches:
1. Power switch.
2. Position reset switch. This is a switch that when held down will allow the user to drive the motor at a slow speed either clockwise or anti clockwise. This is to allow the platform be set to a home position.
The successful bidder will be required to
- First scope the project, recommend parts and provide a final set of costs once components are decided
- Fully assemble, test and debug the device to a similar stage shown in the video included.
- Provide minor software revisions (eg filtering or speed adjustments) and bug fixes after device is delivered
- Preference will be given to companies or individuals who are capable of developing a final custom PCB once the prototype stage is complete.
1. Arduino, with additional components soldered in place on veroboard, motor, and battery assembly. Device is not required to be mounted to anything, but must be demonstrated before shipping.
2. Compatible battery charger
3. All source code
4. Spec sheets for all components used
5. Hex files variants for upload (if required)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online