Flash tile selector
This project was awarded to vorontrader for $900 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
I need a fixed price for the following Flash / Shockwave project. For a company that manufactures carpet tiles we want to make a carpet tile selector. This carpet tile selector is meant for architects and interior project designers. The selector should more or less work in the following way:
1) Users the start of by defining the square/rectangle room (in 2 dimensions) in which they can put the carpet tiles. It should be done by filling in the length en width of the room (in meter).
2) Next a magnetic grid (48 x 48 cm) has to appear, preferable starting from the middle of the room.
3) Then users will have to click on one of 10 color schemes. Behind each color scheme are 18 unique tile patterns belonging to that color scheme. This means that there are 180 tiles available. All tiles have the same dimensions of 48 x 48 cm.
4) Next users can drag and drop the patterns to fill the room space. Users can use all the patterns available (180).
5) It should be easy to fill in large area in the room with tiles. Thus preventing user to have to click endlessly to fill an area in a large room. If a pattern is dragged and dropped on top an existing pattern in the room, then it should be replaced. Another possibility is maybe to work with sticky patterns. In this option users click first on a pattern, which sticks to the mouse cursor, next you click on the grid to fill it. Holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse should let users easily fill in large areas of the room.
6) If the user has finished filling the room, then it should calculate which tiles are selected and the amount of tiles used in the room. Per color scheme users have to pay a minimum order 35-m2 tiles. So users should be warned of they use patterns of different color schemes that are less then 35 m2.
7) Next there should be a form where the selected tiles can be ordered right away.
8) Finally a PDF should be generated of the design of the room and sent as an enclosure to the user.
Attached you find a simple preliminary design. Its purpose is to make you understand what we mean. The final design will be different, but will use the same concept. It should be possible to switch the scale, a bit like is used on Google maps. Room dimensions can vary. There might be room dimensions used like 10 x 20 meter, but also rooms 100 meter by 200 meter should be possible. For now we will use square shaped rooms only. Because it might be difficult to use odd shaped rooms.
Please note: the design and all graphic files will be provided digitally in PSD. If some features are very hard to accomplish and require much time to develop, we would like to know about it. So we can decide whether we can skip these or not.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online