Mobile App - iOS & Android - Location-based - All-inclusive social network
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $6087 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $6000 USD
I need a talented individual or team to create a social mobile app for Android and iOS – including iPad. The app itself will be a completely mobile-based social network.
Users of the app will be able to:
• Create a stand-alone account
• Sync their account with other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Four Square)
• Search for friends, including Facebook friends who also use the app
• Chat with other users
• Share their location and pictures via chat
• Tag themselves as being with other user(s) and create “hangouts”
• Post a status with the ability to tag themselves at a location via Four Square and take/attach a picture (bonus: adding the ability to enhance and add filters to photos)
• Send requests, including friend requests, to other users
• Change their mode to “Online” or “Offline” in the app
The app will also include the following features:
• Location-based profiles (similar to Blendr and Grindr)
• Newsfeed showing current and old statuses posted by friends
• Ability to easily cross-share statuses with social networks (similar to when you share a photo on Instagram)
• Adjustable privacy settings
• Third-party mobile ads (for monetization)
• In-app notifications (similar to Facebook notifications)
• Push notifications
• Abuse prevention measures
I need an individual or team who:
• Can communicate clearly in English
• Will be able to conceptualize the big-picture of what I want the app to be
• Knows the caveats and requirements necessary to create an app that the iTunes App store and Android App Marketplace would approve
• Is knowledgeable about syncing apps with social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Four Square, as well as the ability to utilize each to improve the user experience
• Is creative – in regard to creating an intuitive app that is aesthetically pleasing
• Would be willing to continue to work with me in the future to make occasional improvements as needed
• Has experience with location-based social mobile apps
I have a matching domain name for this app, which will be used in conjunction to provide servers and hosting for the app.
I will eventually need a complementary website created to go along with the app. The website will be primarily informative, and will be used to host content as needed for the app. (See [url removed, login to view] as an example)
This part of the project comes second to creating the app itself, so please clarify if your bid for the project includes designing/developing the website.
Also, I need help designing the app icon.
I want there be open communication at all times, and for you to ask as many questions as possible so that we can both be happy with the end result.
I need more than just a good developer for this app – I also need somebody/a team who can design an app that is aesthetically pleasing, minimal, intuitive, functional, and modern looking.
There are many ways this app can be done, and I’m open to all options. When bidding, please provide examples of past work, as well as how you might go about developing this app. I want the project to be completed in an efficient manner, but I want to take as much time as needed to create an app that I can be proud of (quality over speed).
Please ask me any questions you have before bidding on this job.
Thank you for your time, and good luck!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online