Android App Featuring AI & geometric calculations
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $834 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
We are looking for a software development team to develop an App for mobile platforms. We will roll the app out in several phases starting with the Android market and then, if successful, move to the iPhone market. This project is for the Android app only. If successful, we would want to rehire you to develop the iPhone app as well. You must have experience in BOTH platforms.
The app will have the following features and attributes:
1. Use the camera to take photos which will be used within the app.
2. Use basic artificial intelligence to analyze photos taken with the camera or imported into the app. Basic AI functions will be edge and point detection based on features in the photo.
3. Use the edge and point information from the photograph to derive or calculate simplified geometric information.
4. Use the geometric information to draw and overlay polygons over the photos which are then viewed by the user. Polygon geometry can be manually adjusted by the user using the multi-touch function in a visual graphic display. Algorithms will be used to calculate the geometry from various user-selected or inputted values.
5. Provide a graphical interface that will allow the user to select or perform the following functions:
a. Capture a photo from within the app.
b. Import a photo from the photo library.
c. Use a setup menu or icons to select different algorithms which will then be applied to the photo for deriving the appropriate geometric information and overlay the appropriate polygons over the photos.
d. Use several icons on the screen where the photo is viewed and manipulated to define variables by first clicking the icon and then selecting an appropriate point or line on the photo to input the variable information. AI will be used to suggest the exact point or line location and length to the user after the user touches nearby the feature on the photo. The user would be able to reselect the feature if the AI gets it wrong. Up to 4 variables will be collected this way.
e. Use the collected variables in the AI to calculate the polygon geometry.
6. Store the calculated geometric information within the app in a user-selectable file structure.
7. Display the calculated geometric information on a visual graphic panel.
We need a development team with the following skills and capabilities:
1. Graphical user interface and strong ability to create static graphics. We want this app to be easy to use and pleasing to the eye.
2. Artificial intelligence and image processing.
3. Development of code capable of performing mathematical calculations based on stored geometric information.
4. Robust programming knowledge and experience for both Android and iPhone app development.
5. High completion rate and reliability.
We have set this project at the lowest budget range because there is no option for undefined budget, but ask developers to post what they feel is a reasonable price for the project. Full details and scope of work will be given once you are hired. Once we select you, you will be asked to sign a "Work for Hire" agreement and a "Non Disclosure Agreement". If you are unfamiliar with these types of agreements, we suggest that you look them up and become familiar with their purpose and the restrictions they will place on you if hired by us.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online