File Directory Picker Java Applet or Flash
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We need a downloadable Java applet that allows a user to select a directory and provide the directory path to a server-side script written in .NET.
1) An Java applet that can be instantly downloaded and run within a specific area on a Web browser. (Again, the applet must run within the browser).
2) Shows the PC's file directory hierarchy, and allow the user to navigate to the desired directory and select it.
3) Once a user select a directory, automatically upload up to 10 files within that directory to the Web server, which receives the files via a server-side script (preferrable written in ASP/[url removed, login to view]) and saves the files to a server directory (customizable in the script).
4) Send the selected directory name and path via HTTP Post to the Web server (which can be received by any server-side script)
1) The Java applet needs to support all the popular browsers, including IE, Fire Fox, Opera, Safari, etc. on multiple platforms.
2) The Java applet needs to show the progress of the file upload, and display an error message if the upload fails or if it is unable to send the directory name and path to the Web server.
3) The server-side script must support IIS 5.0 and 6.0. Preferrabley it is written in ASP or [url removed, login to view], but we may accept PHP or Java Script.
4) The Java applet can be signed with a valid digital certificate. For the time being it can be signed by any certificate.
5) If someone has a way to do this using Flash to meet all the requirements, we will also consider to accept the solution.
Work will start immediately.
Caution: The applet is not to select files to upload (we know how this can be done with HTML). It is to pick a directory and send the directory name to the server, in addition to automatically uploading the files. The user doesn't get to select the files to upload.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online