Big Blue Button - 2 or more audio rooms on the same conference page
This project received 13 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $8481 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$3000-$5000 USD
We are working with software to teaching (actually Big Blue Button) that provides videoconference, audio conference, blackboard, chat, desk sharing, etc.
For pedagogical reasons, we need to split up the main audio conference in several channels (2 or more, up to 10 or 12). That enables the students to discuss 5’ to 10’ minutes in small groups (rooms 0 to xx) and then to come back to the main conference (room 0). An example of this function, even if no exactly but very close, is the commercial service Webex Training Center.
Features BBB already have:
- There is a Users list of each conference. Everybody appears in it. From the user list, the conf admin (super user) can mute the student’s mike, the students ask permission to speak, and open/mute their mike.
- Everybody still shares the videocams, the same blackboard, the chat, etc. from the BBB instance, page or general conference.
- FreeSwitch manages the audio conference in BBB, and we set the audio server in a separated VM.
Features we want to add:
- Each student chooses his own audio conference room on the fly, from a dynamic menu (dynamic, because the number of rooms or audio conferences are preconfigured in FreeSwitch for each classroom scheduled, which means that they are not the same for all the classrooms), and then can be back to join the main conference.
- All the audio rooms are equal in status; actually, the main audio conference IS the first audio room. Example: when we split up the main group in 3, one group remains in the main room, and the two others goes to the room 2 and the room 3 (see the picture with the function to come).
- No one shares two audio rooms/conferences at the same time.
- When the students are split in different audio rooms, they still appear in the main Users List, and the admin can always open or mute theirs mike.
To rewrite the client and the server java module linking the BBB page with FreeSwitch.
The module has to work with the [url removed, login to view] BBB version.
We estimate some 7-10 working days to achieve the job and we have a 2,000 to 4,000 dollars variable range for the fees, plus a 1,500 dollars. The fees are negotiable but the payment at the delivery is not. We want to pay to the job done, the patch working. The reason we wont make any payment in advance is because the tests would be done at the developer’s server, i.e prior to the delivery.
You may wander why are we not working with the BBB team? Simple reason: they are fully engaged in their last development and cannot afford this patch until several weeks or months. I’m trying to sorter the delivery ;-) That’s the reason why I’m trying to find someone to deal with this challenge right now.
Please, feel free to make any question, comment or critical remarks, on the project or even the fees ;-)
If you are interested, don’t hesitate to email me; our sys admin could give you all the information you need.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online