Students Training Videos - JAVA APP for LAB - Urgent
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $436 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Need a java based client/Server based program
Here is the requirement.
I want to give access to a set of videos to students. Each student should be able to view the video only once. If a
video is stopped/paused before completion, or the session is closed, then the next login should continue from the
point where it was stopped/paused earlier.
Settings of the program :
1) There will be 100 students.
2) Each of them will have unique login id. ( Registration by student is not required. All the ids can be pre-
generated by the administrators)
3) There are 10 courses .
4) Each of these 100 students can be assigned any of these 10 courses.
5) Each student id will have a validity of N [url removed, login to view] days. After those days, the id will expire.
6) setup is required for installation of LAN. Not necessarily on Internet.
7) Interface can be browserbased or desktop client based. Whichever will have lesser problems is preferred.
8) setup has to work in a LAN ( without any internet connection).
Features Required :
Features for the partipating students :
1) Each student should be able to login from any of the systems in the LAN.
2) The login page, should have a dashboard that will list the course details that he/she is enrolled for and the
list of videos for that courses.
3) There can be a list of players(media player,vlan etc.) - This is an optional feature.
4) Once the student clicks on any of the links for the video, it should launch the corresponding video and play it.
5) During the play, students can view only forward. Backward button should not be available. Only
PAUSE/STOP/FORWARD/Play buttons should be available.
6) the screen size of the video should be changable.
7) If by any chance, if the students stops/pauses and logsoff/closes session, during the next login, the student
should be presented with the video from the point where he stopped in the previous login. ( This is an important
8) Once the video is finished, the link to that video should be visible but not clickable. This means, a student can
watch any video only once and also only forward.
Features for Administrators of the program:
1) should be able to generate ids.
2) password reset/change for all the accounts from admin panel.
3) account expiry/disable based on certain conditions ( after N days, admin disabled etc.)
4) Should be able to reactivate the old account based on a unique ID of the account.
5) Create courses
7) Assign Videos's for courses.
8) Assign student IDs for courses.
Reporting features for the Admin:
1) How many users have registered in a specified period ?
2) How many of them have completed viewing all the videos ?
3) How many didnt login. Or discontinued ?
4) [url removed, login to view] times logged in to complete the course.
Few more reports.
A complete documentation of the entire project has to be made. User guide for the administrators will be good.
We are looking to finish this project asap at optimal cost. Whatever i have described in the features/requirements is what i could thing of. You should suggest any enhancements, or point at things which are not necessary ( primarily those that add little value but take too many man hours).
I am thinking this app. can be run only on a client/server model. We are ready to buy the server if required.
Please keep in mind, the administration of this project has to be simple. We are short on skilled IT man power. I need a simple but efficient solution.
Do not ask me too many questions, instead come with suggestions. Dont ask me which technologies i want. Give me the one that works best with out problems, withever is simple to use.
Please submit a report on how you are planning to do it, what technologies will be used & How many man hours are required to maintain this project per week. U can send me a simple prototype if possible.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online