TONE API expansion -- with UI
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $267 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
This project is an expansion on the capabilities of the already built tone API (project [url removed, login to view])
The overall goal of the features below are to allow the comparison of two audio streams visually. One stream would be audio coming in from a microphone plugged in to the computer. The second stream would be an audio file that is being played by the program. In this context 'program' refers to a simple UI that allows the user to exercise the API, and view data from it realtime. The program should also allow the user to only view the audio from the microphone. In other words, use the API without having any audio clip played at the same time.
The purpose of this program primarily is to allow a singer to sing into a microphone, while an audio clip of piano is being played, and see how far they are away from the tones/pitches coming from the 'backing track'. To make this task easier, it is assumed that the backing track is very simple single tones.
They should also be able to simply 'sing' without a background audio track and see only that visual data.
Here are the additional features I am wanting.
1) Ability to find dominant tone/frequency from streaming audio (as in from microphone plugged into computer). That is, while audio is coming in, know 'realtime' (or very close) the strongest tone/frequency
2) Ability to save the audio to file that is coming in. It can be saved in any common format (wav, mp3, etc)
3) Ability to save the data that is from item 1 above to file
4) The creation of a simple UI (Swing?) that allows the user to see the data realtime from item 1 above. The UI would also allow the user to chose a name for the files mentioned in item 1, and 2, above. The UI would also allow the user to pick what existing audio file should be played.
Please feel free to ask clarifying questions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online