This project received 23 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $203 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
I need to install a simple desktop (X server) on linux (ubuntu [url removed, login to view]). I need the freelancer to provide the documentation on how to do this. The freelancer must have a linux ubuntu [url removed, login to view] LTS desktop computer (or use virtualbox and a VM) to do the tests. I must then be able to reproduce the same thing on my ubuntu desktop.
I need to install a very simple desktop (X-server):
- lightweight desktop that can run GUI application with nice skins (nice look and feel, like windows themes). please provide which framework you will use in your bid
- simple: no start menu, no system tools, no shortcut keys, simple UI no 3D stuff
- just a lighweight desktop environment with the clock, logoff option, file explorer, terminal, and only 1-3 icons on desktop with shortcut to 1-3 specific applications
- the admin can modify everything, but the user cannot modify anything, just use the 1-3 simple apps
- *** the use must be jail-rooted; applications can be accessed by user maybe with a "mount --bind ..."
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online