MS Access Timesheet system
This project was awarded to Aronvitki for $15 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$2-$40 USD / hour
Timesheet package for services based IT consultancy
Some work has already been done on this by me – however I am struggling with basic access skills to finish this off. My impression is that a skilled access person may be able to finish this off fairly quickly.
MS Access 2010/2013 Desktop database
Review existing database structure (which I believe is ok – or at least close)
Create/Modify forms for user data entry as required
Create reports as required
Implement very basic security model based on Windows username
Provide assistance and suggestions with the “finishing touches”
• Add/Remove/Modify Customers (Believe this form is “done”)
• Add/Remove/Modify Projects (need filters and cascading combo boxes implemented, need to be able to create new record on same form, while locking the customer field under ”normal” use)
• Add/Remove/Modify Employees (Believe this form is “done”)
• Approval mechanism of submitted timesheets (not started)
• Add/Remove/Modify support agreements (Support agreements is where customers by a pre-paid block of hours, the gradually use up those hours)
1. View time data with the following filters
1. Date Range
5. All filters need to be optional (i.e. don’t hav to select values for them all) but do chain when multiple selected (e.g. date range and employee)
2. View Support agreement status
3. Option to automatically email a client contact a support agreement summary report on last Friday of every month.
4. Employee utilisation, sick days etc
5. Project report – show projects (optional filter by customer) - active, remaining time etc
• Add timesheet data for current week (detect user, detect current week, cascade combo box of project when selecting customer)
o Option to email manager once timesheet is completed by employee
o Manager can approve each entry or “approve all” button
• Review previous weeks (allow employees to review previous data, but not change it)
• View status of annual leave/sick leave, utilisation etc.
o Customer support agreement status
o Customer project history
o employee work history
• Number of fields need to be calculated, such as remaining time on a project (total project time – time logged against project), employee sick leave remaining, employee annual leave remaining etc.
• Set customer customers email address to be “clickable” so it will open with a mailto:
• Split the database (when ready)
• Force TDHours field to only accept time entry in .25 increments (i.e. 1, 4.5, 7,75 etc.)
• Assistance with creating a method to mass import data from Excel
I am looking for the following in any quote:
• Review the attached database to have a look at the idea and how much work will be required
• An hourly rate
• An estimated number of hours to complete the above
• An estimated number of hours when you will have a "first version" ready - this will me to ensure that the project is heading in the right direction. If it is not, the project may be ceased.
• A willingness to continue working one the solution once the above tasks have been completed, for further improvements or troubleshooting
• If you are responding this – use the phrase “Calvin is cool” at the top of your response, to show you have actually read this and it’s not just a spam response.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online