Small Business Exchange Server 2003
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $752 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We have a Small Business 2003 Exchange server. There are 2 sides of the software on the server which our users interact with. One side is MS Outlook 2000. The other side is an SQL 2002 data base. The code is written in ASP (not ASP Net) and VB. The Outlook records are forms. The SQL side contains the same data as the records in Outlook. The SQL records are accessed via ASP and VB; It is very important to note that this code will write an Outlook record when the user enters data on the SQL side. So, anyone doing this project will need to know how to write an Outlook record via an SQL data base and ASP and VB. We need the following work to be done:
1. There are about 1000 clients on our Exchange server in Outlook. The SQL side, of course, has the same information. Each client has records associated with the work we do for them. Different clients have a different amount of records . It seems that it has been getting slower and slower when we need to enter a new record from the SQL side. It sometimes takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the first field to appear when we start to enter a new record. We want to speed this up.
2. Contracts are stored for each client. We call them authorizations. An SQL data base has already been setup which stores information about the authorizations. We want to add a feature to email approximately 7 fields to our company managers whenever a new authorization is entered. Sometimes
authorizations are changed. For example, the expiration date. We also want the same information emailed to our managers when an authorization is updated.
3. Our server has a feature for creating an invoice. It is a link called "Produce reports and invoices". The ASP-VB-SQL side has the feature for creating the invoice. When the routine is executed, it creates the invoice in MS Excel and it prompts the user for downloading the worksheet. It creates the invoice okay but we just need it to include some additional information. The additional information will be retrieved from the SQL data base. We want to do following:
a. There are about 5 or 6 fields which we want to retrieve into the Excel worksheet. For example, we want to include the company name and the company
address in cells in the worksheet. This information is already in the SQL data base and just needs to be retrieved into the invoice.
b. Authorizations contain contract numbers. The numbers are contained in the SQL data base. During the process of creating the invoice we want to
create a new routine which will prompt the user to view the authorizations contained in the SQL data base. We want to add check boxes next to each
authorization. Once the user has checked the desired contract numbers then the user will exit and finish the invoice procedure and the checked numbers
will be retrieved into a cell in the Excel worksheet.
c. We want to add a field called "Edit service rate" to the invoice production process. This will allow the user to change the standard service rate. The invoicing routine will use this rate when compiling the invoice instead of the default service rate.
4. As mentioned above, we have a link on our server called "produce reports and invoices". There is a link under it called "view generated reports". We have a field called "reason for referral". It is stored for each client in the SQL data base. It is not currently viewable under 'view generated reports'. We want to display the reason for referral on the 'view generated reports' page. We also want to be able to edit it and save it to the SQL data base
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online