Excel Macro To Merge 2 information
This project was awarded to freddyho for $30 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Here is what I am looking for, and need it as quick as possible within 24 hours if possible. I need a macro (VBA Code) to copy the contents of one column in the source workbook to the destination workbook. This isn't as simple as a cut and paste. I need it to validate and compare the files based on contents on 2 other columns similar to a mail merge function.
1. There are 2 excel workbooks.
2. The source one where I want to put the Macro is named TOR_PD_Overlay.
3. The destination or target workbook is named Target_2010_Mail.
4. The source workbook has a worksheet named Remodels.
5. The target workbook also has a Remodels worksheet.
6. Both worksheets have columns named St# and Start Date.
7. St# is column D in both source and target worksheet.
8. Start Date is column M in the source worksheet and column N in the target worksheet.
9. Need to create a new column (AL1) named "P&D Completed Date" on target worksheet.
10. Column N in the source worksheet has the contents we want to copy ("P&D Completed Date") and merge into the new column AL in the target worksheet.
11. The macro needs to verify if there is an entry in column N and if so, copy and paste it into the target worksheet matching it against the St# & Start Date columns.
Note, while the stores are in order on both samples attached, they may not be every week. The system will update the target workbook and the source is maintained by someone and the "P&D Completed Date" will be updated by that person that is why it needs to scan and compare between the two other columns. The person updating the Source file should be able to run the macro to update the weekly generated target workbook.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online