This project received 40 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1143 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250-$750 USD
A mobile application (iOS and Android) that creates an academic calendar for college students and provides notifications accordingly. It should include the following:
1. Take pictures of a class syllabus using phones’ camera.
2. Read text from the taken picture using OCR engine. If a class syllabus file (e.g. PDF or DOC) is available in the phone, scan text from the file using OCR engine.
3. Search keywords (Test, Quiz, Homework, Assignment, Homework, Project, Project, Due Date, Final, etc.) using search algorithms. Then smartly recognize the data near the keywords. For example, text string is “Feb-21 Review Chapter 4 Assignments, Quiz #4” and the extracted calendar data should be “Feb-21 Review Chapter 4 Assignments Due, Quiz #4”.
4. Create calendar events (default date is 3 days before due date). For example, due date is Feb-21, reminder date of this calendar event should be on Feb-18.
5. Preview the calendar events to users. Users can edit the calendar events (change reminder time, date, frequency) and activate the calendar events.
6. The application should notify users about the calendar events.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online