Convert Android app to iOS
This project received 64 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1759 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
We have an app we've developed (Mobile Commerce Application - Works with Magento backend).
We want this app converted to iOS.
The App, and all its ancillary components provides the following utility:
1) Has a feed screen that shows peer to peer products being sold
2) Has a sell screen that allows users to take pictures on their phones (similar to Poshmark)
3) Has a social graph that allows users to follow each other and like products
4) Integrates with 3rd party payment solution
The system is comprised of 3 major active components:
1) The phone application
2) The central server (CS) that communicates with the phones
3) An administration portal that allows management and configuration
The app interacts with a Linux server running Java and sends/receives data from the server.
We will supply the source code of the Android app which can be used to see api's used for certain operations.
Here is a description of those operations:
The Phone Application has both a user interface and a component that runs as a background service. The background service maintains communication with a central server. The App will maintain the following data:
1) Its own user configuration information (e.g. splash screen sponsor, addresses)
2) Sales/purchase data
Smart Phone App - User Interface
The User Interface registers the device to a particular user(e.g., customer)
The UI enables the user to manage buy and sell products
The UI enables the user to manage transactions and comment on products
Smart Phone App - Background Process
The background service runs continuously while the phone is powered on, and performs the following tasks:
1) It performs all direct communication with the CS, starting with the initial device registration
2) It transfers (uploads) product information gathered by the UI to the central service.
3) It updates local configuration information from the CS (at startup).
4) It receives inbox information
5) It polls for notifications/alerts
The background service polls the central service periodically. This will be a bandwidth efficient protocol that requests any active alerts. Each alert will contain transaction specific info.
The alert displays as a push notification, then leaves an icon in the device’s notification list.
SmartPhone App Background Process to Central Server
Register – I’m a new user, should happen once to assign a device ID.
Startup – I’m alive, should happen every time the phone powers up with the App enabled.
Buy & Sell API's
A full design document will be provided to the winning bidder. Confidentiality agreement required on bid acceptance.
Maximum initial milestone will be 50% of total bid. Nothing released until beta version is provided for initial review. Full payment will not be released until fully tested app is accepted. The application must work at least as well as the APK running on Android 4.0 and above.
Deliverables must include commented source code.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online