Project for danchoe2011 - Geo positioned Client/Server iOS and Android Apps
This project was awarded to danchoe2011 for £2200 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£750 - £1500 GBP
This project is for danchoe2011 only!
This is a high level view of the requirements to develop and Android and iPhone app. Detailed requirements and domain explanation will be provided later, however this should provide sufficient detail at this time to provide a quote.
I have the server and Android POC developed for a Geo Positioned application that will look up an address where the client device is located, and allow the user to select via text search or map selection a second destination address. They will also be presented with a list of addresses corresponding the the present GPS postition or very nearby businesses (Such as pubs and clubs). They can override the location data and specify a different point if required. They will also specify other details such as a time and date. The distance in miles between these two locations will be calculated on the client device. This data along with a message will be sent to a server which is already developed. It will then poll the server for response data and present this to the user and allow them to select a provider from the list of returned data. The polling will be done in a background thread and additional items can come while the user considers the options.
After the selection, the client application will send this data to the server and periodically update the server with the client devices geo position. The user can send Instant Messages to and from the server using either a polling or other mechanism which the bidder can choose, messages will be displayed in the client application.
At the end of the process, a review can be submitted to the server based on the outcome of the service provided. A few other screens for settings and details will also be required.
The client applications must be developed to support two platforms, Android 2.2 and above (Froyo), and for iPhone iOS 5 and above. It will also be tested by the supplier of at least two physical Android handsets and two iPhones with one being the iPhone 5. Validation plan will be delivered to me before testing begins. Validation report will be delivered subsequently once tests executed. No deprecated functions, libraries, attributes etc. are to be used in the development of the software.
I have already developed a basic proof of concept for an Android and iOS device and the source code for this will be provided to the supplier along with interface specs for the server (Which are flexible so can be modified as required). The software must be very easy to use by the end user and must conform to Apples guidelines for GUI / Human interface development.
There is also a requirement that the software is easily rebrandable and that certain elements of the user interface flow are modifiable based on certain parameters.
All rights for the software, source code, images used etc. will be given to the myself and the supplier will destroyed all documentation, code etc etc upon request or completion. No element from this project may be reused on other projects. Weekly status reports followed by a weekly conference calls via Skype will also be required.
This project MUST be finished (Both versions FULLY Validated and accepted) by 31st February or payment will no be made (Any substantial delays caused by us, will of cause not count towards this deadline). To reiterate, if you miss the deadline of 31st February 2013, we will not pay anything towards your costs.
All project deliverable (Code, documentation etc) will be uploaded to a shared responsibly at the end of each working day for testing by myself. I will expect to see progress being made on the project daily and suitable binaries made available for testing.
Money will be places in escrow. 25% of which will be released on delivery and approval my myself of the first fully validated working version of software for either iPhone (iPhone version must be delivered first). The remaining 75% will be released on full validation of both versions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online