iOS push notification advice
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $371 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have a backend system for an iOS app (Phonegap), the backend system should send push notifications to the app. I have this working for Android, but running into problems implementing this for the iOS.
I am not the app developer just implementing the backend system. I dont need implementation help at this point but I have a few questions regarding implementing this feature that I need some answers too. So basically I am looking for a well experienced iOS developer as a consultant:
- Are there two certificates needed for sending push notification from the server (one for the secure SSL connections, another for the verification - like which app we are sending the notification to) or just one?
- Is the generated certificate linked to the specified server? Like to the IP of the server? Or will the push notifications work as well if we generate the certificate for the one server and later just copy/paste it to another server? Will this give us any error if sending simple push notification?
- What is the suffix of the certificates for the server? Just .pem or something else as well?
- Is possible to generate a certificate for the APNS under Win as well or do we need Mac?
- What possibly can be go wrong if we don't receive any error back from the APNS, but the push notifications are not delivered to the devices?
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online