iPhone Web Application fix issues Network problems
This project received 17 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $967 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I have a web application developed in Ruby Rails and I need to fix some Network issues. This application work for Coats Check in/out in Lounges, Restaurants, Large Events etc. So we are looking for a developer that have strong experience with Ruby Rails web applications.
Current Main Function of our app:
1. Customer input their number phone, initials name, scan items and done sending text message to the customer with check In information.
1. Customer input the last 4 numbers of their phone, select return all items and done.
Note: All these process is using internet connection because our data is being saving on the iCloud server.
Network Problem Issue:
The app currently is based on wireless connection for make the check in/out process, so when we don't have connection to internet we can't connect with our iCloud server where is located the data, so the app stop working in Production Mode.
The app is build to work in 3 modes:
1. PRO (connection with the iCloud server)
Solution Network Issue:
1. We need our app save the data local on each device (iPad, iPod and iPhone) and this data can be share between devices, so doesn't matter if we have 10 or 100 Check In/Out stations, for example if we have 50 stations:
If "A" check In on the station (1) we need to be able to make the Check Out on Station (20) or same station doesn't matter where the customer did the check in.
2. The app has to create batch every time we capture new data and send to our iCloud server while the internet connection is there and also receive data from the server. The basically data we save is this:
lastFourDigitsOfPhoneNumber = 8843;
initials = "GG ";
patronId = 12173;
phoneNumber = "988-922-8843";
picture of person (Picture need to be re-size automatically for the app to width 500px)
picture of coat (Picture need to be re-size automatically for the app to width 500px)
3. The app has to be able to send the text message to the customer once the Check In is finished.
4. Change the font color that is orange now to black.
Note: Initially we are thinking to use Bluetooth as option, but we are open to any another suggestions to fix this Networking Issue. Also we don't want use local servers like (laptops, desktops etc) we want the whole data be save on our devices (iPad, iPod and iPhone) you should to create local database for the devices. As I said we are open to any solution that can to improve our app.
We need those updates ASAP.
We will provide the source files and also we aren't looking to develop the app from scratch again so if you can do it on the current code please don't bid and only we will make the milestone and release once the project is develop in full, not up front payments, not consulting companies, we prefer work directly with the developer. Also we want keep long term relationship because we have more projects coming.
Thanks in Advance.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online