iPhone app that updates local database using REST service
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $531 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We have an existing iPhone/iPad application that displays conference guides populated from a local SQLlite database. We now have access to REST Web Services that contain updates for the speakers and sessions in the conference.
The existing application is written in C# using MonoTouch for the iPhone and iPad.
We wish to have somebody extend the application to:
- start a background task to check whether any updates are available when the application starts up with a maximum of one check per day.
- if there are updates then bring them alert the user and let them to decide whether to retrieve them.
- If the user elects to retrieve them then call the service to retrieve the updated session or speaker details and update the local database.
- record the time of the last update locally so that only updates after this time are selected after that.
The existing application is already running and in the App Store. We would expect to receive the updated source code and submit the updated application ourselves.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online