jquery drag-drop to move documents
This project was successfully completed by thanhlongfree for $200 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
Completed In7 days
I have a site which works as an online document manager. The site is built in [url removed, login to view] C#
Users upload pdf files to the system which are then stored in the database. We need a way for users to move documents that may have been uploaded to the incorrect place. We want to use jquery/ajax drag and drop to allow users to move the files. The drag and drop areas have already been created, be just need to edit the function to complete the database update, and refresh the table. Project details are below.
- On the right of each document are two icons, one for moving the PDF and a droppable area to place the PDF. When a user drags the move icon to the droppable area of another document a pop up window should appear.
- The pop up window should use the existing tinybox script so the styling is the same.
- If the drop area document does not have an existing PDF document the popup window will ask "Do you want to move 'pdf name' to 'document name'? Yes / No". No will close the window, and yes will update the database so that the pdf document is assigned to the new place. The popup window will close and the table will be updated so that the PDf now appears in the new location.
- If the drop area document already has an existing PDF the popup window will give them three options:
Do you want to:
- switch 'old pdf name' with 'new pdf name'
- move 'new pdf name' to 'document name' and delete the existing PDF
Selecting the related option will update the database and either switch the PDFs or move and delete the PDF. After the update the table will be updated so that the PDF appears in the new location.
- All updates should be done using AJAX to avoid any page refreshing/reloading.
- When the table/database is updated it should update all fields. For example, 'Submission Status' would be updated to 'Uploaded'.
Thanks and please let me know if there are any questions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online