Build a Custom HTML5 video player with annotation capabilities
This project received 23 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $19 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
We are a start-up company based in the US. We provide software as a service in the cloud for businesses to manage their media. We are looking for a skilled individual who can help us build a custom HTML5 player that can playblack content on a variety of devices, among other features such as subtitle display and on screen annotation. If this initial request can be delivered to our satisfaction, it will lead to a much larger size effort.
- Need a custom player that can playback content on a PC, Mac, iOS and Android (HTML5 is acceptable)
- Custom player must have the ability to display subtitles in multiple languages uploaded as .SRT files or equivalent
- Ability to annotate (simple discussion thread) across the timeline. The annotation should be stored in the db so that it can be searched.
Our Technology Stack:
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers; their capabilities and limitations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of server-side programming languages and frameworks.
- Experience in video playback and video encoding technologies.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 video standards.
- Experience developing video players across existing and emerging platforms such as Flash, HTML5, iOS, Android, and Smart TV's
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online