Developer needed for AJAX, PHP, MySQL job
This project was successfully completed by martinsuly for $200 AUD in 5 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
Completed In5 days
I'm looking for a developer who is an expert in AJAX, PHP, CSS, HTML and MySQL to complete a small job. Knowledge of Wordpress is required.
This job is to create a "voting bar" similar to that which appears on [url removed, login to view] (e.g. [url removed, login to view]). The voting buttons are "Must See", "OMG", etc
The voting bar will appear on all posts of a Wordpress site and allow users to perform a one-click vote.
- ten button labels with corresponding numeric values (e.g. "Must See" = 1, "OMG" = 2, etc)
- clicking a voting button will record the vote in a database table using AJAX
- user is able to click more than one voting button per post
- user is able to vote on any post on the site
- a cookie is set to indicate the user has voted on a particular post(s)
- the voting bar checks this cookie to see if the user has previously voted, and highlights the corresponding voting button(s)
- user must be logged in to vote (either with their Wordpress ID, or oAuth for Facebook and Twitter)
- if the user is not logged in, they are shown a login prompt (CSS overlay)
- votes are also able to be submitted via a URL post
(e.g. [url removed, login to view] )
- recording of votes using AJAX must be instantaneous and with minimal logic/processing
- if there is an error, this is recorded in a log file
MySQL Database schema:
- Table name "VoteLog" (contains a record of every individual vote in separate rows)
PostID (wordpress postID)
Vote (numeric value)
- buttons will start gray when not selected (as per trendhunter example)
- buttons will turn blue when rolled over
- buttons will stay blue when the user clicks and has voted
- styles are to be applied using a CSS file include and DIVs
- graphic design is not required for this job
Once this job is complete I will retain all rights to the source code. This code must not be copied from another website. The developer can include credits/name in source code if you wish.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online