PHP - Poll MYSQL DB for new orders and display
This project was awarded to andrefedalto for $150 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
We require a webpage to be written (preferably in PHP) which will poll an existing MYSQL database (about every 15 seconds) and display an ‘alert’ to the webpage when a specified record changes. This page is to form part of a back end interface for an existing online ordering system.
In brief ... the intent of the ‘alert’ is to notify the user that a ‘new product order’ has been placed and to prompt the user as to whether they wish to ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ the order.
If accepted, the order is to be displayed on screen and a value is written to the database indicating the order has been accepted.
If the order is not accepted within a period of time (60 seconds) the alert should disappear and a status of ‘not accepted’ written back to the database.
Note that the FULL process to be coded is outlined in the attached flowchart. The above is an overview only.
1. We expect that all work will be of a high quality !
2. This is an extension to an existing website and the database containing the store details, ‘logins’ and ‘order’ already exist.
3. This development work is about coding of the full process outlined in the attached flowchart and does not require design of graphics or specific formatting.
4. The items outlined in green in the attached flowchart have already been created and do not need to be coded.
5. The website will predominantly be accessed via an iPad or iPhone therefore any functionality must work on such a device.
There are another two components potentially needing work. Work to a high standard here would likely attract additional additional work, though is not guarenteed.
Happy to answer any questions or clarify expectations.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Daniel & team.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online