Replicate Scoopon Location Filter / Logic
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $205 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We need an experienced PHP Web Programmer to complete this task
We have a deals website and users are allowed to filter by location (suburb or postcode). This is already partially working.
Task: We want to replicate Scoopon functionality on how they auto select postcode based on IP address. That is really our main goal. Please see how it works and we want to do the same.
Specific Issues to fix that might help achieve the goal of replicating Scoopon:
- Homepage: When user skips newsletter popup, by default it is putting Nationwide on our location filter. We should really use IP2Location Lite class to get their city
- Location Filter should match the deals displayed. At moment, Melbourne only deals shows up in Nationwide which is not correct.
- Autosuggestion only displays Sydney postcodes. Eg. 3000 doesn't show up. Maybe see how [url removed, login to view] works. So, we only show selected postcodes.
- Also, autosuggestion is using a js array with all postcodes populated at run-time we need to modify this and use ajax to connect to our postcodes database
- If the entered city or postcode location is not on our location table then we display Nationwide deals and rename the location on the text-box to Nationwide and display a small message that location was found
- We need to stored a cookie so next time the user comes in we know and populate the location
Note: Nationwide is also a location. It means the deal is available on the whole country.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online