123068 social networking custom site
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
I would like to create a social networking site with some features I'll describe in more detail. We have already created the design in XHMTL table less design, and we'd like that a senior PHP programmer creates the code for it together with a good CMS to control users, groups, interactions, registrations, user's location, etc.
The idea is the following:
This site is a social networking to get users and clubs in touch around my country and worldwide. The idea is that users get to know each other (even dating) by sharing their wishes, what they like doing and what they would like to do.
How do we make this?
- By allowing them to have a profile where they custom add their wishes and dreams, what they would like to do and what their hobbies are. These wishes/hobbies are added dynamically using AJAX, similar to how [url removed, login to view] does to add new things to do, wishes and hobbies are added in place and real time using Ajax.
- Users will be able to add those wishes/hobbies to their own profiles, thus summing up users to a hobby/wish in a province, so we'll be creating a pool of users for each hobby/wish and users will be able to search for them, contact them, add to their profiles, add users/wishes to their favourites, send comments to hobbies and users, etc.
- Users will be able to create their own groups of favourites users and wishes/hobbies and search by city/province/country
- Users will be able to invite their friends on Msn/Yahoo/Hotmail/msn, by using a script we got. We just need to integrate it. The script will ask for user/password for those IM, show all users on their lists and send invitation to them.
- Users will be able to upload a series of photos to their profiles and use any of them or any graphic as avatar. We have a flash application we made to crop the avatar in a square proportion, we'll use it.
- Users will be able to organize all kind of activities so that their groups of friends and others (if activity is public) can join in. The way these activities are organized can be looked at [url removed, login to view] They work in a similar way to how [url removed, login to view] does.
- Users will be able to invite their friends to participate in the activities they organize, pay if the activity requires payment (payment through Paypal for each of the users), they will know which one is coming, which one is not, postpone an activity, propose a new date, see calendar of activities, bring things with them, etc.
You can take a look at the design by looking at this URL: [url removed, login to view]
We won't have neither the and photo section we talk and mention on the design, that would be in the future. On the pages there are a few hidden forms that are shown when you click on the links, we'll work like that most of the times with hidden forms that are shown whenever they are needed to add a new hobby/wish/contact, etc. Many of the links are active, so you can browse through the site by clicking on the links.
So far we'll have these menu entries:
- my profile, browse, wishes & hobbies, activities, clubs (avoid any mention to photo albums, we need to research on that)
And each club will have its own menu navigation like:
- my club, activities, members, and any we see fit.
By looking at it you'll see more in detail what I need for this site and how it works.
Please contact me if you think you're capable of doing this, and send me links to URLs you've done in the past and CMS. Ajax and XHTML knowledge is compulsory, together with open mind for ideas.
Take a look at the attached document for more details. Do not send those ROBOT-like messages where you say you can do anything, be specific to this project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online