Event Ticket Barcode Validator
This project was awarded to eisertb for $50 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30-$250 USD
I have a system that create tickets. On each ticket is printed a unique barcode.
This ticket is used for submission to an event.
The user shows his ticket at the gate, with a USB barcode reader attached to a Windows PC/Laptop the ticket is scanned.
The barcode reader sends the barcode to the application. The barcode is checked against a .CSV file with a list of all the barcodes for the event.
If the barcode is there and has not already been scanned, the found barcode in the .CSV is updated as used and a green OK signal is shown on the application...the visitor may enter. Otherwise a red DOES NOT EXIST signal is sent to the barcode reader.
The application needs to run on a Windows OS (XP & 7).
- Able to receive barcode via USB
- Able to input barcode manually by keyboard if scanner wont pick up barcode
- Validate against a CSV database
- Update CSV when barcode found from NOT USED TO USED
- Sourcecode for the app must be delivered on completion
- Written in VB or C/C++
- Most common usb barcode readers must be supported
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online