PDA Text Display SIR Input
This project was awarded to kmoniqa for $425 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$500-$5000 USD
1) An Embedded Windows [url removed, login to view] application program is required to run on a handheld PDA device.
2) The application should operate on various manufacture's PDA devices
3) The application will be up loaded (from website) on to PDAs
4) The application will receive serial ASCII data through its Infra-Red channel in SIR (Slow Infra-Red) protocol.
5) Serial data rate will be between 9600 and 115000 easily adjustable in code.
6) The serial data stream will be received frame by frame and displaded on the PDA screen. This data will be received by LAST character FIRST (reverse order). Therefore, the received data must be buffered before being displayed in proper readable order.
7) Language translation would be desired. (English, Spanish, French, German etc)
8) A Display Mode menu(s) is required: (Language, Rotated View, Font Size (Large, Medium, Small), Scroll (Y/N), Invert (Black on white or White on Black)).
9) A Set-Up Menu (communications) is required: (Enter 1 throught 64 address)
10) The four (4) typical Push Buttons on the PDA will be programmed to execute the Display Menu screen Language, Font, Scroll, Invert (in addition to the "touch screen" menu).
11) A Dongle Board with SIR interface and a Serial cable interface (to PC) will be provided to the coder for development. This development board will be preconfigured (by us) to received and send serial data over the PC serial port and the SIR port (to from the PDA). The board is a battery powered DIR169 unit.
12) The user will enter an address from the Communication Menu and the application will form and transmit a simple parameter stream to the PDA via the SIR and expect a short response back to the SIR port for confirmation.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows Embedded Windows [url removed, login to view]
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online