This project received 37 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $10252 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$5000 - $25000 USD
We have an historical simulation role-playing game for schools that we want to turn into a software program for high schools and home schoolers. We will start with a limited demo. If we are happy with the demo we will continue with the full game. If the game is successful, we will create new games with the same engine.
Game: Each player will take the role of an historical figure at a particular moment of crisis. Some role-playing will be involved. Each turn, players will be given a list of possible actions to take, and they will have to choose one or more actions. The total of all players' choices produces an outcome for that round. The results are presented to all players along with educational material and each player is also presented with a new set of actions for the next round. Game continues until one or more characters achieve their individual victory conditions.
The game can be played on one computer or networked so that students can play on individual computers at school or from home.
We want the game to look very handsome and exciting, with high quality 2D and 3D artwork, like a game they would play at home, but simpler. (The game should probably fit on 1 CD.) We will need an artist and composer for the art, sound, music and logo. We will also need a website to sell the product from.
Game experience desired. Please show us samples of your work, including artwork.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law UNLESS PROGRAMMER ENTERS INTO PARTNERSHIP IN LIEU OF FEE. IF WORK IS DONE FOR FEE ONLY, Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) This offering is prelimary and exploratory and so further conditions, along with a partnership agreement, if appropriate, may be added before final terms are agreed upon by Buyer and Seller.
Windows. Many schools have old equipment and software - we would want the program as back-compatible as possible, consistent with a good quality product.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online