This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $181 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100-$300 USD
I have the following scenario: one SQL Server 2000 at the company HQ and many mobile agents with laptops running MSDE 2000.
The databases on all laptops are identical as structure, but with different data.
All types of operations can be done on any laptop (inserts, updates, deletions) and on server as well.
The data on all laptops must be consolidated on server and then distributed back to all laptops.
The laptops are connected to the internet using dial-up, wireless or LANs. The data changed if not connected for one week we estimate being under 1MB.
We wish to use MSSQL Replication using direct IP and FTP.
The project consist in assisting us to build a successful solution to the problem exposed above using replication, or other solution if well argued.
When doing the initial subscription, all data on laptops must be preserved, not overwritten with the data on [url removed, login to view] solution must as secure as possible, without unnecessary server SQL server Internet exposure.
The deliverables will be:
- a TransactSQL script to configure the server as publisher and distributor with minimal customization.
- a TransactSQL script or VB sources of a module to create the anonymous subscription on each laptop without any change or customization needed to be done by the laptops owners. Because the laptops has MSDE already installed, without Enterprise Manager, no wizard based solution is required for subscriptions setup.
- VB sources of a module made with the ActiveX Merge control or SQL-DMO, to embed in our application for doing a sync at user request with a button click only as user interface. The module must return the finish status and errors collection. Other solutions based on TransactSQL scripts processing with osql shelled from our application are allowed only if able to return reliable information about the finish status and errors reason if not successful.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000 Server and Workstation (Remotes) XP Pro (Remotes)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online