Text file import/export interface into MS SQL Server database
This project was awarded to ceevee06 for $595 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$500-$5000 USD
Import lists data from a set format text file (Intuit Interchange format, exported from QuickBooks accounting software), transform into tables in a SQL Server 2005 database (c#.net application) and then Export time transaction data from SQL Server database into a text file (Intuit Interchange Format) to be imported into QuickBooks.
Developer is required write coded to perform the transformation and translation of the data from the text file into the MS SQL database and the export of data from the MS SQL database to the text file. The job does not require any user interface we will be providing that.
The developer is expected to design so this module can be extended so that other flat files can be mapped to tables and columns and would not require significant amount of rewrite of the code.
There should be no direct sql queries to the database ie all calls should be through stored procedures and should follow best practice of .net 2.0 architecture.
Once the procedures are written the developer will need to work with engineer to test and fix until the interface is in production and full acceptance testing can be completed. Please cater for a reasonable time to do this in your bid.
* Samples, source and resources provided (see attached):
* Sample List Import text file with live data
* Sample Time Export text file with actual data
* Mapping and translation specification
* MS SQL database schema (upon verification and request)
* Sample data in database
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
SQL Server 2005
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online